Thursday, October 17, 2013

Self Portraits




I think this first photograph really captures the way that I often tend to do ridiculous things in earnest, especially when I was little. I also think that confused yet skeptical look I have on my face is one that I have carried with me as I've grown up, and resonates with me as one that I still use today. I'm not playing with my sunglasses in order to make people laugh: I can tell that this was just something I felt like doing, and ended up being funny. I like to think that's how I am now as well, in terms of being unintentionally funny because it's simply a core part of my personality. I think the more recent picture really captures the way I look when I'm just in my natural state. People always tell me that I make this face all the time when I'm laughing, or talking with people about something I find enjoyable. Basically, it's my happy face. I tend to find happiness most through humor, whether it's by me saying something funny or by hearing someone else. I think that I tend to give off a somehwat shy yet friendly demeanor, and that part of me is shown well in the photo. I like to keep a balance between being funny and happy and making sure that I'm still taking life seriously, and I think the combination of these two photos captures this well. Sometimes I think that the young photo of me looks like I'm seeing into my future with a scared but determined look, while still being funny. I hope this is an attitude and perspective I take with me throughout my life, because balance is key to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment